It’s time to start a Facebook page or at least get them back off the ground again (like me) and start posting to your fans. Don’t you think fans is a star studded term for A list mega stars? They should have called it ‘Facebook community page’ but I guess that sounds a little boring doesn’t it?
Anyway we have a small challenge ahead of us and it is to create a Facebook fan page and drive some traffic. I will be posting the results here of peoples pages and hopefully we can get some community going in the comments section which will help each other get their pages off the ground. If you have any questions, please post in the comments section.
For this challenge I will be using Like Page Domination as it’s discounted to $4.95 at the moment and is packed with info to help get our pages off the ground. Please take a look below at the video walk though. As you will see it’s jam packed with FB tools to help create a launch FB pages. If you don’t want to use Like Page Domination, then that is also fine. If you already have a page, then this is great if you can help in the comments section of with any questions or addition comments it would be very well received.
Ok, let’s get to work with the walk though
Why use a Fan page?
Did you know that the average Facebook users spend 40% of their time on the News Feed? They also spend upto 55 minutes per day talking and browsing on Facebook! Here are some reasons why you should create a Facebook fan page:
1. Reach – FB has a huge market of approximately 600 million users and 50% of these login every day. The average time online is a little over 50 minutes and next to Google, the second biggest site in the world. Ask yourself, why would you not want to be part of this?
2. SEO Capability – Google indexes your fan pages, not your personal profile posts. Take advantage of this it’s always nice to have more traffic from Google.
3. Open pages – I have segregated my friends list to split personal friends and online friends. I feel by doing this I have lost a lot of reach to my subscribers and online friends. By having a dedicated page, people can always find you and join in without having to friend you or ask for permission like some groups. This once more can expand your subscriber base.
4. Customizing – You can customize your page with different apps, which can be used to increase your pages functionality. Your fan page can essentially be an extension of your own website with added multimedia options such as video and audio.
5. Branding – Your Facebook page allows you to brand your page with your own logos and personal content much like your own timeline. However as I explained earlier, your page can be a separate entity from your personal page allowing segregation from online business friends and family.
6. Tracking – All fan pages have analytics attached to then which allows you to track all page demographics and reach. This is a good tool to track your performance.
7. Fan base – Your friends list has a 5k limit as far as I know. If you have a fan page you can have unlimited likes. Obviously this is a good thing when it comes to building your business and expanding your overall reach. If you are serious about building a business then a fan page is essential to avoid any limitations. I have posted an image of my old page below which as you can see needs some work:
As I mentioned in the walk through we have a full week at creating out fan pages, so I will be updating this post all week to see how we all go during the challenge. If you have any questions or you have completed the challenge please post in the comment section and we can deal with these as we go! If you like the idea of the challenge then please share and let people know what you are doing.
Lets create some pages!!
Ok, we are back with a new page! Why? I stupidly locked myself out of my own page and deleted my admin access. I tried to contact FaceBook to no avail, so I decided to create an all new page which you can see below.
Why did I decide to create a new page?
1. I got the chance to get used to the new tools
2. I got to choose a new name
3. I discovered some new apps
4. It made me research other peoples pages and get new ideas Take a look at the video below where I explain all about my new page, the sources I used for research and a very interesting find which I believe is going to be a big game changer.
The coming week should be interesting when using the pages to gain interest, adding some new apps, also the Bloggers Roadmap sales page and news letter app should be cool. All it takes then is to generate some interest
The final Video! How did the creation go and what exactly did I create?
The big question now is did you create a page?
Lets start with the pages we have below. Please feel free to visit and like the pages of the people in the challenge:
Dan Sumner (My Page) – http://www.facebook.com/DanSumnerDotCom
Adrienne Smith – https://www.facebook.com/AdrienneSmithnet
Jo Bylski – https://www.facebook.com/MarketingWithJoBylski
Susan Wowe – http://www.facebook.com/moremakemoneyonline/likes
John Koen – https://www.facebook.com/mobilelifestyledesign
Sergio Felix – https://www.facebook.com/MarketingWithSergio
Tonya Stephens – http://www.facebook.com/TonyaR.Stephens
I want Your Page link Here
For this challenge I used Like Page Domination it’s $4.95 and packed with info to help get our pages off the ground!